|Directorate is responsible for all technical matters pertaining to Surveying and Mapping. It is a key link between the Surveyor General Office, regional directorates and out side departments / offices. It is responsible for working out a broader annual work plan of the department and performs for scheduling of local & foreign trainings.|
- Survey Training Institute, Islamabad
- International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) , The Netherlands
- Pakistan Computer Bureau, Islamabad
- Secretariat Training Institute, Islamabad
- National Institute of Management
- National Vocational and Technical Training Commission (NAVTTC)
An agreement between Survey of Pakistan and State Bureau of Surveying and Mapping (SBSM) China exist for collaboration in following fields:-
- Exchange of technical publication and literature.
- Exchange of delegation for purpose of training.
- Co-operation in research etc.
A Protocol exists between Survey of Pakistan and General Command of Mapping (GCM) Turkey for co-operation in the following areas:-
- Improving of Geodetic Network.
- Production of Maps with different techniques.
- Large scale mapping.
- On job training in various discipline.
Membership of International Organizations
- International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS)
- International Cartographic Association (ICA)
- International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG)
In 1910, the International Society for Photogrammetry (ISP) was founded under the leadership of its first President, Eduard Dolezal, from Austria. After 70 years of functioning under its original name, the Society changed its name in 1980 to the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS).
ICA was founded on June 9, 1959, in Bern, Switzerland.
The International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG) is the international organization dedicated to advancing, promoting and communicating knowledge of the earth system, its space environment and the dynamical processes causing change.